Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Pretty in Pear

June 3

What kind of fruit does this look like?




Today gangsta Begga Lo and I tried out another recipe! Pear cupcakes! I looked for a few online recipes and found one I thought would be easy enough and used actual pear and pear juice in both the cake and the frosting.



The frosting was made with A LOT of powdered sugar, pear syrup, butter, and white chocolate. It was SWEET.



We waited very impatiently for the cakes to be done cooking and cooling so we could frost our pretty pear treats! I had what I thought was a great idea. I took wax paper and drew a pear shape. I cut around the inside, wanting to sift cocoa powder on top and be left with a beautiful brown pear. I tried about two times. The frosting stuck and as you can see at the top, the pear shape didn't end up pear-ish. (looks kind of like a Christmas tree) Worth a try. The rest remain unadorned. How did they taste? I wouldn't say great. I really couldn't taste pear in the cake or frosting. I was a little disappointed. Maybe I'll try them again another day!




I got a present today. Yes, it does bobble.





Then I went skimboarding with my pal David. We are HXC





LOVE
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment