Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pizza! Pizza!

Who doesn't love a slice...or two?  
My go-to pizza is Papa John's BBQ Chicken Bacon pizza.  As of late though, Anna and I have been searching the wonderful world of pizza for the perfect Bacon Cheeseburger pizza.  I know, I know.  Do pickles really belong on a pizza?  Yes, is my emphatic answer!  My local pizza place growing up had the most delicious rendering of a bacon cheeseburger pizza.  It was the perfect combination of melted cheese, crisp hamburger, tangy pickles, and salty bacon.  Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm.  Back to the task at hand, here is a quick and fun recipe to make yet another form of this tasty American favorite. 
[It is so easy that I'm a little embarrassed to share it. But, it was just so fun I couldn't help myself.]

Pizza Pockets

Ingredients
1.  Store Bought Croissants
2.  Pepperoni
3.  Mozzarella String Cheese
4.  Parmesan, garlic salt, basil, crushed red pepper flakes
5.  Your favorite pizza sauce for dipping



 Step 1:  Line a cookie sheet with foil - clean up will be a cinch.  Roll out the croissants.  Sprinkle them with the Parmesan, basil, garlic salt, and a bit of crushed red pepper.






 Step 2:  Layer six  pepperoni at the top where the croissant is the largest.




 Step 3:  Now this is the fun part!  Take your string cheese, break it in half, and place it at the top of the croissant.

 Step 4:  Roll those little guys up.  Sprinkle with a bit more parm and garlic salt.  Throw into a 375 oven for about 11 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbling and the bottoms are brown.  Serve alongside your favorite dipping sauce.






LOVE
JJ

3 comments:

  1. totally doing this. my mouth is waterinnnggg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is fun! Let me know how yours turns out...and if you try any new variations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could make these. I could eat the basil, garlic, and salt.
    *Cherise

    ReplyDelete