Thursday, April 19, 2012

Spring Pumpkin

Who says the 2 don't mix?  I don't care if pumpkin is a fall thing, I'm gettin my pumpkin on! 

Does a gluten and sugar free cereal exist?  And if so, is it edible?  Or affordable?  
When I came across Spoonful of Sugar Free I jumped for joy.  And when I saw the recipe for Pumpkin Spice Latte granola I knew I had to give it a try.
One thing I would suggest, don't get salted pumpkin seeds.  Maybe choose a different seed altogether.  They're sorta hard chew.  I chose golden raisins which were delish in this.  

  After mixing the pumpkin with the spices and coffee it smells soooo amazing!  


Caution:  check your granola frequently!  The recipe says to bake for 45 min, stirring every 15.  My oven apparently is the only thing in my apartment that works marvelously because I ended up with a few burnt raisins.  


This was my first granola making experience and I was surprised how easy and quick it was to put together.  I would've like to taste a little more pumpkin, though adding the coffee beans at the end kicks up the coffee flavor.  If you aren't trying to go sugar free I would probably add a little honey to the mix, as the raisins are the only sweet factor.  Pair this with a bit of coconut milk and some pumpkin spice tea and you're good to go! 



I'll be trying out a lot of recipes that go along with my new diet and posting the results.  Because lets be honest, most people who always eat healthy food....well, lets just say if I think something tastes good, chances are, you'll like it too.


*Cherise

3 comments:

  1. Cherise, This looks delightful. I'm so proud of all your searching and healthy food finding. Maybe you'll end up the crazy healthy one for life. I don't like pumpkin, so I'd probably hate this...but Anna loves it, I'll have to share the recipe!
    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Rice Chex is gluten free and it doesn't really taste like there's any sugar in it but I bet there's a little. This granola looks healthy AND tasty. I love homemade granola but never knew it was that easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is a little sugar in it. i will admit that i have been snacking on it anyways, but don't tell!!! i know! i was surprised how easy it was too! honestly the hardest part was not burning it....which i did, soooooo. but i'm running low already and will definitely be making it again.

    ReplyDelete