Monday, April 9, 2012

June Bugs

Dennis, Margo, Jennee, and Myself

One of my favorite nights last summer was spent with friends in my backyard having a BBQ.  We played bocci ball, which was a fun and new experience for me.  We struggled to BBQ using an electric grill that never quite warmed up (good thing we were having Greek veggie burgers).  The warm St. George night ended with an impromptu long-exposure sparkler fest.  Who knew it would work so well!  The final highlight of the evening was a drink I had been dying to make.  The "June Bug."  When I saw the recipe in a Better Homes and Gardens magazine I thought, "Cutest name award!"  Now, couple that with the bright coral coloring and the June Bug becomes the most quintessential sip of summer.  

June Bug
* 3 Cups Ginger Ale
* 4 Tablespoons Grenadine
* 4 Tablespoons Orange Juice
* 3 Scoops Orange Sherbet

Blend the ingredients together.  Serve in a cocktail glass over ice and garnish with a wedge of orange.


My dear friend Jennee & Myself
June Bug in hand

What's your sip of summer?

LOVE
Jessica

1 comment:

  1. lemonade, grape kool aid, and iced coffees. tell my skin to hurry up and clear so i can drink these!!!

    ReplyDelete