Saturday, September 18, 2010

September 18

[ Birds of a Feather Eat Apples Together ]



These birds were my newest art project.  A while back, Cherise wanted to put birds on her wall.  So as a good sister, I found a clipart and mailed it to her.  But then I decided I wanted birds on my wall.  So I spent some tedious hours cutting out birds.  Now, my living-room wall has this feathery treatment.  Very whimsical, I think.


 
This week, one of the teachers I work with brought in freshly picked apples from her backyard.  After deliberating over my baking options, I finally decided on a pie.  100 % homemade.  I peeled, I chopped, I mixed, I rolled, and I baked.  The recipe I used is from the Better Homes Cook Book - arguably the best cookbook out there.  The apples were deliciously tart against the savory cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar crust.  The only thing that could have completed this warm pie was a scoop of homemade vanilla icecream.





I found this clothing website the other day.  I am in love.  Too bad, most of these are beyond my price range.  I guess I just need a reason. . .



Shabby Apple

Black Oak 


Ingrid







thoughts on God

2 Corinthians 9:8  
"And God is able to make all grace abound to you so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed;"   

Just this morning I was struck with this verse.  Read over that first phrase again. "And God is able." That alone, gave me so much encouragement.  While we are filled with inability, God is able.  Paul filled this verse with words containing such immensity in meaning. It has such power and confidence.  2 Corinthians 9:8 really continues on with the teaching on community, which God has really been laying on my heart.  God gives us extra in all areas of life, not so we can hoard, but so we can give. So our response needs to be:

1.Consider what we have extra of right now.  
(God may give us extra of different things at different times.)
2.Look for needs - be aware.
3.Pray God would bring people into our lives / ministries that have needs.
4.Give
5.Accept gifts from others when we have needs.
6.Trust God in our giving and that He'll provide.

GOD IS ABLE 

LOVE
jayejaye 






1 comment: