Monday, September 6, 2010

[ Happy Birthday ]

 

August 31 was my dear cousin, Sadie Trimble's birthday.  She is my favorite cousin, even though I probably shouldn't have favorites.  We've played together, eaten together. . . a lot, cheered on the huskers together, played football together, and made many other memories together.  Sadie has always been a positive influence in my life, and whether she realizes it. . . someone to look up to.  I love coming to Nebraska and being part of her full and happy  family.  Watching her being a mom and a wife.  Reading books, checking the buffs, eating meals straight from the garden. . . drinking coffee and sharing.  Happy Birthday! I love you and am thankful for you.





September 3rd was my dear Grandpa Kinzer's birthday.  He's the only grandpa I've ever had, but what a great one.  I love his witty sense of humor and his no nonsense kind of attitude.  He has an organic dairy farm; which is pretty rad.  
He's always been ahead of the curve (Krispy Kreme).  His continued love for Jesus has been an encouragement to me. When my grandma was sick last year, he exhibited the truest example of love I  have ever seen.  And I say this in the truest sense.  He knows what love is. . .and for that, I feel so truly blessed to have as an example and  memory. I love him. . . . AND We both love lemon meringue pie.  I love you and am so blessed to have you as my grandpa!!! 

LOVE
J J





2 comments:

  1. Oh Jessie! I just today read your blog post! thank you thank you for the encouragement. I've failed a lot this week by my sharp tongue and Johnson pushiness. Your note reminded me that God can still use me and forgives. :) much love

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Brought a tear to my eye.

    ReplyDelete