Sunday, November 22, 2009

Zest



One day a student of mine, a sweet little girl, walked up to me and handed me a stack of papers. After looking through them, I found they were recipes. She had some time and thought it would be fun cut some out and then, lovingly share them with me. (my kids are funny) Surprisingly I found a few recipes to try out. Last Saturday I decided to make a tomato / spinach strata. It actually was delicious. We used Jarlsberg cheese, which I hadn't cooked with before. I also used this baking excursion to buy some cute small white souffle cups. The directions asked for the cheese to be grated. I looked in our drawer and found what I thought was a grater. So i grated. And grated. And grated. And grated. I got the job done, but it did take quite some time! I found out later I was using a zester board. Funny. Here I was feeling accomplished with my cooking and made such a silly mistake. Anna went out the next day and bought me an actual cheese grater. Keeps my humble!



LOVE
Jessica

PS only 4 days until sister unite!

No comments:

Post a Comment