Friday, March 9, 2012

Quinoa


 This stuff straight up scares me.  Maybe its the name.  Maybe its the fact I didn't even know it existed until a couple years ago.  My curiosity got the best of me though and I found this fried rice recipe sans the rice.  It was surprisingly easy.
  I LOVE peas and carrots.  They are tasty and colorful and add a great texture.  And you can't have fried rice with out the egg of course! 

For my first fling with quinoa I was pretty impressed.  Its something different and the extra protein is always welcome in my often meatless diet.  Next time I make this I'll be sure to have some Thai sweet chili sauce around to spice it up a little. 
For the recipe: http://www.peasandcrayons.com/2012/01/keen-wahhhh-adventures-in-cooking.html

*Cherise

No comments:

Post a Comment