Monday, February 27, 2012

Summer is in the Air


...and our Christmas Wreath needed to go.  The sun has been showing its bright shiny face an awful lot these past few weeks.  I admit, I am absolutely spoiled when it comes to my face time with the sun, but who doesn't love the warm days summer brings?  Passion tea lemonade in hand, I set out to give our front door a little summer lovin'.  


 I started off with a grape vine wreath, spray paint, and fabric flowers I made out of a few of my old shirts.  I found the idea for my fabric flowers from Little Miss Momma (I want to make a necklace next!).  I loved the fact that I didn't have to sew one thing.  I also used Shanty Chic's beautiful wreath as inspiration as well. 

So...welcome back summer, welcome back long days and warm nights, welcome back barbeques and bike rides, you have been sorely missed.


LOVE JJ

1 comment:

  1. so cute squatter! shame on you for cutting up your shirts. your flowers turned out lovely. i'm glad you did those instead of the rosettes.

    ReplyDelete