Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bane of My Existence

Allergies.  I've had them all my life.  One of my most vivid memories from childhood is sitting in the green dodge pickup in a cornfield, eyes watery and swelling with my sister while my parents picked corn.  I also recall throwing up a bunch of water when my mom tried to force a Benadryl down my throat after probably 10 minutes of me trying to swallow it myself.  I don't hold it against her, I was plenty old enough to be able to swallow a pill.  Fast forward to present day, not only do I have to deal with allergies during spring and ragweed season, but I just happened to move to the allergy capitol of the world.  Central stinkin Texas.  It is the only place that has pollen going crazy year round.  And its not like I'm allergic to a food that I'm at least able to avoid, I'm allergic to the world around me.  TX sure has done a number on me.  I wake up every morning with red, swollen eyes.  Worse yet my neck and face are covered with red itchy patches.  So ugly and so uncomfortable.  I finally went to a Dr. yesterday.  I had a really nice nurse who just happened to live near the base in LA we'll be moving to this summer.  She said she never had allergies there but she got them here.  She gave me hope, as well as the nickname for the town I'll most likely be living in, Diseaseville.  Its actually called Leesville.  Precious. The Dr. prescribed steroids (I need to take advantage of this and do some lifting) and gave me a special lotion to take care of my face.  Its day 2 and things are looking up.  That's not completely true.  I'm feeling better in the allergy department but I woke up this morning with a pounding headache, unable to take any painkillers because of the steroids.  I think I'm going to blame the nausea and puking that ensued on the pain.  I barely got a piece of toast down so I could take my steroids for the day.  Needless to say (this seems like such an unnecessary phrase but whatev, I said it, deal with it) I've spent the day on the couch.  Thank goodness for the Amsale Girls marathon on WE because every channel I usually watch involves food which I just couldn't roll with today.  Please let tomorrow be better! 
             *Cherise

No comments:

Post a Comment